PTA Committee Descriptions:
Committee Chairs are responsible for developing the committee agenda and gaining approval from PTA executive board, circulates meeting notes to the PTA executive board with 48 hours of the meeting, and coordinates committee members activities to maximize opportunities.
- Help families in need as suggested by the teachers and staff.
- Send cards or baskets for community members who have suffered a tragedy or illness or are celebrating a birthday or a family addition.
- Coordinate the donations and assembly of Thanksgiving baskets and Winter holiday gifts for families in need.
- Set up the volunteer thank you breakfast, staff appreciation week events.
- Researches, coordinates and secures program funding from outside sources.
- Works with committee chairs to determine program needs and then finds grant sources for funding.
- Coordinates school resources to ensure proper production of grant proposals.
- Ensures proper collection of income and allocation for the appropriate uses as stated in the grant guidelines.
- Coordinates community fundraising efforts with the PTA.
- Implements school fundraising drives (i.e. Sally Foster, Joe Corbi)
- Works with events committee to maximize fundraising opportunities at designated events.
- Coordinates donations and supporters for yearly major auction fundraising event.
- Runs the fall yard sale.
Other Committees are created as agreed upon by the PTA Executive Board.