Art Around the Corner: National Gallery of Art
Fourth and fifth graders receive art training at the National Gallery of Art. Students and teachers engage actively with authentic works of art, and students produce creative work inspired from the masters. Their work is displayed at Maury and the National Gallery of Art. This program includes professional development for teachers. Go to The National Gallery of Art’s website to see Maury students in action.
Other partnerships include:
- Folger Shakespeare Theatre partnership
- Multiple tutoring programs
- Dance classes through Joy of Motion Dance Center
- Chess Club with U.S. Chess
- Schoolyard Stewards in partnership with Living Classrooms of the National Capitol Region