Please join us on Sunday, January 31st from 2:00 – 4:30 PM for the Maury at the Market Neighborhood Blitz!
This year’s Maury at the Market is going to fill up its tables with goodies for YOU through a big, one-afternoon, friendly-competitive, yes-there-will-be-treats, Neighborhood Blitz where we go door to door to merchants in Capitol Hill. Taking place Sunday, January 31st from 2 – 4:30 p.m.
But we need YOU — yes, you, Maury parents! (Maury faculty, community members warmly welcomed as well…we’ve created a team for you too in case.)
Please sign up to participate via our Sign-Up Genius page HERE.
Here’s how it’s going to work on the afternoon of Sunday the 31st:
- We’ll gather at Maury lobby at 2 p.m. to get handouts, hot cider, block assignments, and a rallying cry.
- Block assignments in commercial corridors (H Street, Barracks Row, Union Market, Penn Ave, etc.) will be divided by grade level. For example: Barracks Row westside to the 1st grade parents, eastside to 2nd grade parents, etc.
- We’ll make sure you have all and plenty of the materials you need, such as flyers explaining about Maury at the Market, and forms to drop off, as well as sample pitch phrases (it’s pretty easy).
- Parents will divide and depart Maury to their blocks, visit our friendly merchants to ask for donations of items / cash support to Maury in their blocks. Aunt Lizzie will stay at HQ, holding down the fort.
- We’ll meet back at Maury by 4 p.m. for treats and a debriefing.
- There will be a prize for the grade with the best effort!
Once again, please sign up here.
It is really important we have enough parents in each grade level, so thank you in advance for your participation!